Short course 1
Title: Capping Design – A Short Course
Held by: NGI and Texas Tech University
- Contaminant mobility and intended cap functionality
- Elements of cap design
- Modeling using CapSim
- Constructional considerations
- Monitoring cap performance
Short course 2
Title: In Situ Thermal Desorption by Conductive Heating
Held by: Jan Haemers, Haemers Technologies, Belgium
- Introduction to thermal desorption
- Scientific principles underlying thermal desorption
- Overview of different in situ thermal desorption
- Conception and design – feasibility – lab and pilot
- Conductive heating (TCH)
- Sustainable development and thermal desorption
Title: Sustainability assessment as a tool for more sustainable and resilient remediation of soils, groundwater, and sediments.
Held by: Jarno Laitinen et al. (Ramboll, FIN)
- What is sustainable remediation?
- Methods for sustainability assessment?
- Introduction to SURE
- Applying sustainability assessment
- Stakeholder dialogue best practices